Momma Wear

Custom crochet items, from baby layetes,blankets,toys,to kids and adult wear and accessories..all items can be custom made for you in the colors of choice..

Monday, July 10, 2006

How about that, Pretty Little Girl Shorts!

Well I couldn't find a pattern for shorts so I just did one myself..not too bad.. I don't have my models here so I can't tell you how they fit until the weekend when I will be going to GA to visit the kids..but I thought they were cute..easy & quick to make too..take a looksy!

Ok, well here is the pattern.. its not perfected as I just wrote as I was going..Here we go..I also crochet loosely so you may want to adjust the pattern accordingly..if you want bigger shorts bigger hook..

Size H

Red Heart Soft Baby Yarn-I don't know how much just a small amount..

Ch 80,sl st in the first ch of beg be sure not to twist your work ( you'll be working in rounds never turning)

ROW 1: ch 2, ( working thru back loops) HDC around, join at top of ch2. (80 hdcs), ch2

ROW 2: working in rounds hdc around each st. join in top of ch2,(80 hdc) (work thru back loops)

ROW 3: (work thru both loops throughout rest of pattern) Ch 3, DC in each st around, join top of beg ch.

ROWS 4-14: Repeat ROW 3:(this is the body of the shorts so you can make them longer or shorter depending on your child's size)

ROW 15: Ch 3, DC in the next 40 sts. sl st in top of beg ch 3. this makes the leg hole..

ROW 16: Ch 3, Dc around joining in top of ch 3.

ROW 17-18: Repeat Row 16( if you would like your shorts a little longer this is where you just add a couple more rows)

LEG EDGING: Ch1,sc in first st, sk next st, 5 dc in next st, sk next st, sc in next st, sk, next st, 5 dc in next st continue around and sl st in first sc to join. (10 shells ) fasten off and weave ends in..

SECOND LEG: Join yarn with sl st in the crotch area. Ch 3 and dc around each st. (40 dc)join in top of beg ch 3.

REPEAT ROWS 16-18 of the other leg and do edging..

Crotch area: I just sewed a few sts there to pull it tighter so there wasn't a little whole there..(I'll work on that)

OK now I just ch 125(or however long you want your ties) sl st back thru and wove the tie in every 2 stitches..

I think that's it! Well I have not tested this pattern I just wrote as I went.. so if ya'll find a problem or get confused let me know please I can help you out or change the pattern accordingly! Happy Crocheting! I will have pics this weekend of all the items I have made for my grandaughters as I am going to visit them in GA this weekend!! I can't wait to see eveyrthing on them..SSOOOO EXCITED!!

I am now making a top to go with the shorts and will post it today when I finish! Then its on to CAPRIS pants!!! I'm so inspired lately! LOL Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger Dark Goth Gurl said...

    oh my gosh you are definately going to have to tell me how you did them. They are adorable. See I knew you would come up with how to do them sooner or later great job.

     
  • At 8:27 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

    Hi, Can yu please tell me what size this pattern is for? I would love to make a pair of these for my 2 year old niece, but 80 stitches sounds a little wide in the waist...although since she is still wearing diapers, I could be wrong.

    Thanks!

     
  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger Jus Shar Designs said...

    I did a test swatch for this using an acrylic yarn and a H hook. I tend to have a relaxed crochet stitch, so keep that in mind.

    I got 7DCs=2". So, 80 stitches would make a size 4/5 (22") waist.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home